Monday, May 30, 2011

I Need To Vent


This is gonna be one of those venting posts...READER BEWARE!

So, I was trying to put together a shot list for a short film I'm making in the summer. For some reason, I just could not put into words what I had in mind for the shots. I would write 3 lines, then just stop. I was on the verge of pulling my hair out. I spent 3 hours working on it at first and I literally had nothing! I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it to let some steam out...it actually made me question my ability to actually do this whole directing thing.


After talking to my girlfriend (thank you baby!), I realized that I just needed to relax. One of my biggest problems with this whole film thing is that I try to get things perfect straight out of the gate, and that's impossible. In my attempt to get it perfect the first time out, I end up driving myself insane. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE PERFECT FIRST TIME OUT! I NEEEEEED TO LEARN THAT! After I told myself to just to put something down, regardless of quality, things flew by and I was done with the whole thing in about 45 minutes. It's still a long long ways away, and I've already started making adjustments to it, but the fact that I was able to get it done felt like a pretty big achievement.

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, I'm just talking about making movies here! It's a pretty cool job! I just wanted to let my stress out on something, and what better forum than my very own blog! I'm hoping it turns out well, I'm working reeeeeeally hard on it!

1 comment:

  1. You're working really hard and it's going to pay off... it's not all written in stone... you have room for changes. Mr. Perfectionist! Just fucking chill and it'll come to you. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete